For a congregation of 150 Southern Baptists this new sanctuary building is an addition to the existing church building, a converted 1930s bungalow in a Denver residential neighborhood. In planning, the church acquired 4 adjacent lots to provide space for the new addition which incorporates a new sanctuary, memory hall, parking lot, and an outdoor chapel. The existing house was renovated to incorporate business offices and a large social room for gatherings after the services.
The design attempts to stitch the existing house to the new sanctuary by erecting simple facades of similar materials and compositions. The materials include concrete block, and cement board siding, which are a common vernacular within the 1930-1950s residential neighborhood.